Knife Skills For The Home Cook w/ Chef Richard McPeake
The Culinary Center of Kansas City
7920 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park,
Adult Hands On
Knife Skills for the Home Cook
Chef Richard McPeake
Any chef will tell you that there is no substitute for proper knife skills as the foundation for all other cooking skills. We’ve been offering this powerhouse class since we opened in 1998 and interest hasn’t waned one iota! In this class you’ll learn all about knives that are right for you. In addition, you’ll explore sharpening, storage, and other important information, plus learn cutting techniques like chopping, dicing, batonette, cubes, julienne, chiffonade, and more. You’ll receive some important hands-on experience under the supervision and tutelage of Chef Richard McPeake. This is a must for all of those serious about cooking.
Please click here for a full description of our policies and FAQ’s. Finalization of your registration tells us that you have read and understand them. Below is a summary of some of the key information, but it is not all-inclusive.
- For all class registrations made after March 20, your class registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable. Should you be unable to attend, we suggest that you consider sending someone in your place. If possible, please let us know of any substitutions so that we can update our records. For all class registrations made prior to March 20, 2023, your registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable if your request to cancel is made within 72 hours of the start time for that class.
- If (a) you’d like to sit with another registered guest, or (b) have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know in the Comments section of your registration after reading our full description of policies and information about classes.
- Your registration tells us that you have read through the class description including the age requirements for that particular class.
- For Adult Classes: you must be at least 18 years old as of the class date.
- Unless otherwise noted in the class description, all Adult classes include one glass of beer or wine. Additional alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- Our Kitchen Shop Experience™ will be open for browsing prior to class, during any breaks, and after class.