Advanced Knife Skills
The Culinary Center of Kansas City
7920 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park,
Adult Hands On
Advanced Knife Skills
Hands On | Tasting
Wed 7.19.23 6:30-9:00 p.m. $95
Chef Richard McPeake
Proper knife skills are the foundation for all cooking. When someone tells us they want to learn to cook, we immediately suggest that they take a couple of basic Knife Skills classes. It’s that important. If you would like to up your game in the knife skills area OR add to what you have learned in our popular Knife Skills 101 class, then this is the class for you! (NOTE: There is no pre-req. required for this class.)
You will learn to use a boning knife and a paring knife as Chef Richard McPeake teaches you the skillful and professional way of fabricating a whole chicken. We’ll produce Chicken Breast Supremes, Chicken Tenders, Semi-Boneless Chicken Thighs and Legs, and we’ll practice the art of roll cutting and tourney, a classic fresh vegetable cut that many chefs still attempt to perfect!
In addition, we’ll discuss various types of boning knives and their uses, sharpening, storage and other important information. This is a full “hands-on” class under the supervision and tutelage of one of the best, Chef Richard McPeake.
So, what to do with all this chicken and vegetables you’ve masterfully cut during class, you say? Well, it would make sense that you would also learn how to make a proper chicken stock, now wouldn’t it? So, we’ll do that too!
(You may bring your own boning knife/knives to class, or you may use ours.)
- For all class registrations made after March 20, your class registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable. Should you be unable to attend, we suggest that you consider sending someone in your place. If possible, please let us know of any substitutions so that we can update our records. For all class registrations made prior to March 20, 2023, your registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable if your request to cancel is made within 72 hours of the start time for that class.
- If (a) you’d like to sit with another registered guest, or (b) have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know in the Comments section of your registration after reading our full description of policies and information about classes.
- Your registration tells us that you have read through the class description including the age requirements for that particular class.
- For Adult Classes: you must be at least 18 years old as of the class date.
- Unless otherwise noted in the class description, all Adult classes include one glass of beer or wine. Additional alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- Our Kitchen Shop Experience™ will be open for browsing prior to class, during any breaks, and after class.