Wake Up Little Sushi!
The Culinary Center of Kansas City
7920 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park,
Adult Hands On Global Cuisine
Wake Up Little Sushi!
Hands On | Tastings
Chef Reyam Yas
Join us for one of most popular classes where you’ll learn the fundamentals of making sushi. We’ll break out the bamboo mats and get “rolling” with culinary instructor, Chef Reyam Yas, as she teaches beginner sushi-making tips and techniques. You’ll get your hands in on the action and work next to this engaging professional as you try your hand at making sushi and there will be tastings for rolls like Nigiri and Maki throughout the class, too.
Tonight’s informative fundamentals class will also cover the basics like sushi rice, how to safely store fish, where and how to buy sushi grade fish, hand-rolling techniques, presentation and much more – all important information to get you on your way to rolling sushi in your own kitchen. Sushi always delivers on flavor and fun, so c’mon….. let’s get our sushi on!
Please click here for a full description of our policies and FAQ’s. Finalization of your registration tells us that you have read and understand them. Below is a summary of some of the key information, but it is not all-inclusive.
- For all class registrations made after March 20, your class registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable. Should you be unable to attend, we suggest that you consider sending someone in your place. If possible, please let us know of any substitutions so that we can update our records. For all class registrations made prior to March 20, 2023, your registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable if your request to cancel is made within 72 hours of the start time for that class.
- If (a) you’d like to sit with another registered guest, or (b) have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know in the Comments section of your registration after reading our full description of policies and information about classes.
- Your registration tells us that you have read through the class description including the age requirements for that particular class.
- For Adult Classes: you must be at least 18 years old as of the class date.
- Unless otherwise noted in the class description, all Adult classes include one glass of beer or wine. Additional alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- Our Kitchen Shop Experience™ will be open for browsing prior to class, during any breaks, and after class.
Our Flavorful Weekend Nights™ classes are just that, unique and tasty culinary experiences on weekend nights, most of which are hands-on! Movie, Schmovie... why not learn to cook with your friends, dates or your “luvva”? They are the perfect mix of culinary education and fun night out!
Flavorful Weekend Nights™ is a trademark and service mark of The Culinary Center of Kansas City®.