Cooking with Shellfish
The Culinary Center of Kansas City
7920 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park,
Adult Hands On
Cooking with Shellfish
Hands On | Food & Wine Tasting
Chef Richard McPeake
If you’re a lover of all things seafood and want to learn the proper techniques to cook shellfish to perfection, you won’t want to miss this very special 3-hour master class that you simply will not find anywhere else!
Kansas City has some great local resources when it comes to accessing fresh shellfish. And you’re in luck because we have access to one of the best Seafood Chefs in the business! Longtime CCKC instructor, Chef Richard McPeake, has developed a passion for seafood over the years with extensive experience at some of the best seafood restaurants in the country. Did you know that he’s designed many of the original recipes for the Bristol Bar & Grill, right here in KC. Yep, it’s true, so you can rest assured you’ll be learning from a real pro.
Tonight, he’ll share his expertise and show you how to buy, clean & shuck shellfish, oysters, and shrimp. Chef will explore a variety of cooking techniques while teaching you how to properly pan sear, how to deglaze for flavor infusion – also a lesson on how to make a N’Awlin’s-style remoulade sauce.
We’ll learn while helping Chef prepare some of tonight’s delicious seafood dishes like Seared Shrimp with whipped Scampi Butter, Fried Oysters with a fresh made N’Awlins-style remoulade sauce, Crab Cakes with Black Bean Relish and char-grilled Fresh Oysters with White Wine Scallion and Garlic Butter. Ayeee!
Please click here for a full description of our policies and FAQ’s. Finalization of your registration tells us that you have read and understand them. Below is a summary of some of the key information, but it is not all-inclusive.
- For all class registrations made after March 20, your class registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable. Should you be unable to attend, we suggest that you consider sending someone in your place. If possible, please let us know of any substitutions so that we can update our records. For all class registrations made prior to March 20, 2023, your registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable if your request to cancel is made within 72 hours of the start time for that class.
- If (a) you’d like to sit with another registered guest, or (b) have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know in the Comments section of your registration after reading our full description of policies and information about classes.
- Your registration tells us that you have read through the class description including the age requirements for that particular class.
- For Adult Classes: you must be at least 18 years old as of the class date.
- Unless otherwise noted in the class description, all Adult classes include one glass of beer or wine. Additional alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- Our Kitchen Shop Experience™ will be open for browsing prior to class, during any breaks, and after class.