The Culinary Center of Kansas City
7920 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park,
Adult Hands On Baking/Pastry
Hands On | Light Lunch & Take-Home | Take-&-Bake Dough
Chef Mari Ruck
Culinary instructor and pro bread baker Chef Mari Ruck will take the mystery out of bread making and start you on the road to becoming someone who doesn’t glaze over at the sight of a packet of yeast. Yeah, we’re talking to you. In this class, you will learn about flours, yeasts, salt, sugars, methods, and types of loaves, in addition to basic bread making techniques. You will mix and knead your own handcrafted bread to take home and finish baking. (That way you will get the great smell in your own house! You’re welcome.) Now, don’t loaf, sign up! Note: If you live more than a 30-45 minute drive from The Culinary Center, bring a small cooler with you to carry your dough home without it over fermenting.
Please click here for a full description of our policies and FAQ’s. Finalization of your registration tells us that you have read and understand them. Below is a summary of some of the key information, but it is not all-inclusive.
- For all class registrations made after March 20, your class registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable. Should you be unable to attend, we suggest that you consider sending someone in your place. If possible, please let us know of any substitutions so that we can update our records. For all class registrations made prior to March 20, 2023, your registration is non-cancellable and non-refundable if your request to cancel is made within 72 hours of the start time for that class.
- If (a) you’d like to sit with another registered guest, or (b) have any food allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know in the Comments section of your registration after reading our full description of policies and information about classes.
- Your registration tells us that you have read through the class description including the age requirements for that particular class.
- For Adult Classes: you must be at least 18 years old as of the class date.
- Unless otherwise noted in the class description, all Adult classes include one glass of beer or wine. Additional alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.
- Our Kitchen Shop Experience™ will be open for browsing prior to class, during any breaks, and after class.